Remembrance Week 2018
2018 REMEMBRANCE DAY INFORMATION
The 2018 Poppy Campaign will be chaired again this year by Comrade President Barry Whitehead. Barry has already started the in depth planning that is required to make each years Poppy Campaign so successful. To date the following dates have been established for Poppy Campaign and Remembrance Week activities.
- Poppy Campaign 27th Oct to 11th Nov
- Tag Day 27th Oct 10AM
- Church Parade 4th Nov 10:30AM Anglican Church
- Campaign Flag Raising 5 Nov at 10:00AM Darlington St.
- Veterans Week 5th to 11th
- Remembrance Day Service Flexihall Gallagher Centre 10:45AM
- Remembrance Day Luncheon After the Remembrance Day Parade (Location TBA)
- Remembrance Day Banquet Nil
5 to 11 November
The original Armistice Day marked the end of hostilities on the Western Front in the First World War, or the Great War, as it was known at the time. The armistice came into effect at the 11th hour, of the 11th day, on the 11th month in 1918.
In recent years the traditional focus of Remembrance Day (11 November) has expanded to a commemoration of Veterans' Week or Week of Remembrance, 5 to 11 November. This annual feature on our website is updated to reflect the most recent anniversaries reflecting our proud military heritage.
- Veterans' Week 2011
- Saskatchewan Remembers
- Historical Saskatchewan Military Units
- Armed Forces in Saskatchewan
- Canada's Armed Forces Today
- Military Museums and Associations
We certainly hope you find this information useful and if you have any comments or suggestions just Contact Yorkton Legion.